Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dinner With My Peeps
























Riding south on 101 from Seattle, all day. I wanted to have some local fare, but was having trouble finding just the right spot. It was cool and damp (like Oregon is), and the sun was almost down. Along the side of the road I spot this place, just south of Newport, a plugger community called South Beach.

These nice people waved me in actually - note the suitcase(s) of Coors Light. Some of them were talking about what they had just read on a favorite website, and were a bit sheepish around the new foreign two-wheeled intruder.

The group had been crabbing all day. They had brought their haul to this place to have them cooked in a big pot so they could eat them right there in the parking lot. What they didn't feel like eating, they sold or traded to the proprietor to sell to duffers passing by (me). It was very good.

The day ended in Coos Bay.


No comments: